Track 1. [00:02:20] Industry: Nickel came to Swansea in 1840's - Vivians bought it to Hafod from their mine in France. [00:04:20] Industry: Explanation of start of Mond works -Ludwig Mond and Sir John Brunner, Brunner Mond works (ICI). Continues to end of track with Nickel processing and Nickel production as a capital intensive industry.
Oral History collection: Leonard A. Toft (born 1920) interviewed by B.C. Fagg about History of Mond Works, Clydach and of nickel refining in general; work experiences as Chief Engineer of Design Department at Mond Works (NB. He is not a local man - came to Clydach from London c.1954).
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 216 TH 50
- Dates of Creation30 Mar. 1977
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 audio recording