Scrapbooks, mainly of newspaper cuttings, notes, correspondence and other papers relating to the history of Bladon.
Savill Collection for the History of Bladon, Oxfordshire
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-dep.b.158,c.380-3,d.318
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 Dep. b. 158, c. 380-3, d. 318
- Dates of Creation1902-1969
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description6 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
John Thomas Savill and his daughters, Edith A. and Ethel M. Savill, were interested in the history of Bladon, Oxfordshire.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The papers were deposited in 1969.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.