Bound bible (1909); Prayer card, with photograph (nd); 6 photographs (1919, 1963-1968, nd); Framed photograph of Salonika reunion (nd); 5 framed medals (1906-1919); Issue of "The Mosquito" (June 1954); 32nd, 33rd and 34th Annual Luncheon menus of the Salonika Reunion Association, two autographed (6 October 1963, 4 October 1964, 3 October 1965); Humorous Battalion orders (21 August 1915); Inventory (10 December 1917); Optician's card (14 November 1914); Letter from William McKenzie, with dried flowers (15 May 1916); Letter to A. Grace (30 May 1917); Press cuttings (28 May 1918, nd); Typescript verse 'Bewcastle Hunt Song' (nd); Malarial detail sheet (27 June-15 July 1917); Post Office card (nd); Postcard with verse 'The Kaiser's Arrival in Hell' (nd); Bar (nd); Pouch (nd); Notebook (nd).
Edward Proud papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection SAL 053
- Dates of Creation1906-1968
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 box; manuscript, typescript, photographs, press cuttings, and printed material. The letter to A. Grace is water-damaged. Includes 5 framed medals, printed cards, dried flowers, a bar, and a pouch.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Edward Lancelot Proud was a Driver, ASC (Army Service Corps), serving in Salonika.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
The papers were placed in the Collection by Mrs C.E.F. Tudor.
Other Finding Aids
Salonika catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available