Hart's papers consist of two albums containing personal papers and correspondence, and two albums containing press cuttings of 'original contributions to various publications' by Hart.
Papers of Horace Hart
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. lett. c. 466-7; Eng. misc. e. 971-2
- Dates of Creation1856-1915
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description4 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Horace Hart (fl 1856-1915) was Printer to the University of Oxford. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The papers were bought from Sotheby's in 1979, with the aid of a generous gift from the Printer to the University.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.