Hart's papers consist of two albums containing personal papers and correspondence, and two albums containing press cuttings of 'original contributions to various publications' by Hart.
Papers of Horace Hart
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. lett. c. 466-7; Eng. misc. e. 971-2
- Dates of Creation1856-1915
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description4 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Horace Hart (fl 1856-1915) was Printer to the University of Oxford. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The papers were bought from Sotheby's in 1979, with the aid of a generous gift from the Printer to the University.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.