Press cuttings (1915, nd); Miscellaneous papers relating to POW (Prisoner of War) camp (1916-1918, nd); Card calendar (1917); Card of prisoners' chaplain (nd); 9 photographs (April 1918, nd); Panoramic photograph of Belemedik (nd); Manuscript map (nd); Typed transcript of an interview recorded with Peter Liddle (August 1973).
Marius Gondard papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection FR 17
- Dates of Creation1915-1973
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 file; manuscript, typescript, photographs, press cuttings, and printed material. Includes a card calendar.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Marius Gondard, a Simple Soldat, 6ime Rgiment, Colonial Mixte, was called up in December 1914, served in the Dardanelles, and was captured by the Turks on the Gallipoli Peninsula, eventually being held POW (Prisoner of War) at Belemedik and working on the Berlin-Baghdad Railway. He later reached the rank of Matre.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
The papers were placed in the Collection by M. Gondard in August 1973. See French Veterans Correspondence File.
Other Finding Aids
French catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available