Comprises: (1) Annual reports; (2) Committee meeting minutes; (3) Expedition planning and introductory documents for participants; (4) Maps and plans; (5) Press-cutting about an avalanche disaster in the Cairngorms involving members of an expedition in 1978; (6) Several volumes of the Young Explorer's Trust magazine,; (7) Box of transparencies taken on an expedition to the Isle of Skye in 1967.
Papers of the Yorkshire Schools Exploring Society
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 MS Dep. 1989/2
- Dates of Creation1967-1988
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description59 items, held in 5 boxes, manuscript, typescript, press-cuttings, photographs, maps, and printed material. Includes 1 box of photographic transparencies.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The Yorkshire Schools Exploring Society was founded in 1964. Under its aegis older pupils from schools in Yorkshire have explored various remote places including arctic Norway, Iceland and the High Atlas in Morocco, and, more recently, places further afield in Africa and Asia. The Society has also organised training camps in the British Isles and other out-door activities within Yorkshire itself.
Access is unrestricted
Deposited by the Yorkshire Schools Exploring Society, through Mr D. Horton, July 1989