Blue and black dress worn by female dancer in 'Judgement of Paris.' The garment is padded and structured at the bust and the rear. The bodice of the dress is made from blue velvet type fabric and covered with black lace and beading. At the top edge of the garment the blue velvet fabric is wadded and the straps are black elastic covered with sequins. The dress is fastened with hook and eyes. Underneath the main bodice is a band of blue velvet which is gathered at the back and edged with fringing.
Blue and black dress worn by female dancer in 'Judgement of Paris'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 2228 RDC/PD/05/01/0114/05
- Dates of Creation[1940-1986]
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical DescriptionGenerally sound. The garment is fragile due to the weight of the garment. There are loose stitches and wear throughout.
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright owned by creators including choreographer(s), designer(s) and composer(s). Performers rights apply. Can not be copied without rights owners' permission(s).
First performed 1st October 1940