Burgundy dress worn by female dancer in 'Judgement of Paris' The garment is padded and structured at the bust and the rear. The main bodice is made from burgundy velvet type fabric and is decorated with purple plastic flowers and black sequins. Underneath the main bodice is a band of pink fabric which is in a bow shape at the side front. The band is layered with black and cream tulle. The dress is fastened with hook and eye down the centre back.
Burgundy dress worn by female dancer in 'Judgement of Paris'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 2228 RDC/PD/05/01/0114/06
- Dates of Creation[1940-1986]
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical DescriptionGenerally sound. The garment is fragile due to the weight of the garment. There are loose stitches and wear throughout.
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright owned by creators including choreographer(s), designer(s) and composer(s). Performers rights apply. Can not be copied without rights owners' permission(s).
First performed 1st October 1940