A long beige, floral print silk kaftan dress worn by Marie Rambert in 'Pomme d'Or, La'. The bodice of the dress has inner straps made of canvas and elastic which are decorated with a floral theme, a narrow frill of floral print silk is hand-stitched to the empire line. The dress also features split cap sleeves, a split waterfall hem and is cinched by elastic at the empire line that fastens at the front with hooks and eyes. It is unlined.
A long beige, floral print silk kaftan dress worn by Marie Rambert in 'Pomme d'Or, La'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 2228 RDC/PD/05/01/0001/01
- Dates of Creation[1917-1928]
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical DescriptionGenerally sound. Stains on both underarms due to wear and tear. Tear at the neckline, shoulder and at the back of Proper Left underarm. Loose stitches on side, front and back seams, and signs of previous repair.
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright owned by creators including choreographer(s), designer(s) and composer(s). Performers rights apply. Can not be copied without rights owners' permission(s).
First performance on 25 Feb 1917