A black silk-chiffon head dress decorated with black sequins and light blue ribbons. There are also some black PVC panels as part of the decorative details. Also stitched to the head dress is a hairpiece designed in the shape of a firefly; the latter is ornamented with coloured rhinestones and black beads. The head dress is worn tied at the back and is unlined.
A head dress worn in 'Kaleidoscope (Fireflies / Zig-Zags)'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 2228 RDC/PD/05/01/0144/02
- Dates of Creation1949-1953
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical DescriptionGenerally sound. Some missing black beads on the stitched hairpiece and wire is protruding at front. Signs of discolouration and stains on the ribbons and part of the fabric is torn at the back of the head dress.
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright owned by creators including choreographer(s), designer(s) and composer(s). Performers rights apply. Can not be copied without rights owners' permission(s).
First performance on 30 May 1949