An ivory lace dress worn by Caroline character in 'Jardin aux lilas; Lilac Garden'. The dress comprises of a fitted bodice decorated with a sweetheart neckline, some ruffles made of net fabric stitched to the top of the bodice, elasticated spaghetti straps and a full skirt. The garment fastens at the back with five hook and eye and three press buttons, is fully lined and features a frill chiffon detail at hem. A woven label hand-stitched inside the bodice states "Mrs Goldwin; Lilas"
An ivory lace dress worn by Caroline character in 'Jardin aux lilas; Lilac Garden'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 2228 RDC/PD/05/01/0085/02
- Dates of Creation1936 - 1968
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical DescriptionGenerally sound. There is some heavy discolouration on the garment and stains due to wear and tear. Some signs of tear at the waistline, front and back of the dress. Also noticeable are signs of previous repair made on the garment.
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright owned by creators including choreographer(s), designer(s) and composer(s). Performers rights apply. Can not be copied without rights owners' permission(s).
First performance on 26 Jan 1936