A pink silk Shantung jacket with floral embroidery patterns at front and back of the garment and contrasting frilled beige chiffon bell sleeves. The jacket is partly hand-stitched, it has a nipped-in waist, a frilled collar of beige chiffon, same fabric also features on the bell sleeves from elbow to cuffs. The garment is lined and fastens at front with twelve sets of metal hook and eyes, and includes an inner elasticated belt complemented with metal hook and eyes.
A pink embroidered long-sleeve jacket
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 2228 RDC/PD/05/01/X/044
- Dates of Creation20th Century
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical DescriptionGenerally sound. Signs of tear, stains and discolouration on various parts of the jacket. Also seen are signs of rust on outer and inner jacket caused by metal hook and eyes.
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright owned by creators including choreographer(s), designer(s) and composer(s). Performers rights apply. Can not be copied without rights owners' permission(s).