A purple, bias cut, satin cloak worn by Caroline character in 'Jardin aux lilas; Lilac Garden'. The garment is decorated with a clasp fastening around the neck; the clasp is recovered with a bow which is completed with two long straps and made of beige gabardine fabric.
A purple satin cloak worn by Caroline character in 'Jardin aux lilas; Lilac Garden'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 2228 RDC/PD/05/01/0085/01
- Dates of Creation1936 - 1968
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical DescriptionGenerally sound. There is some discolouration around the collar of the garment and pink stains on the decorative bow. Dark stains, signs of tear at some parts of the cloak due to friction and wear and tear.
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright owned by creators including choreographer(s), designer(s) and composer(s). Performers rights apply. Can not be copied without rights owners' permission(s).
First performance on 26 Jan 1936