Green velvet jacket with white sash around the body which fastens to the front bodice with press stud. Worn in 'Jardin Aux Lilas' by male dancer. A cream rope hangs across the front of the garment fastened with hook and eye. Arm holes embellished with wadded white band. The wrists and round collar are edged with a white band. Front section of collar has a rectangle of white fabric as well as cuffs decorated with a white rectangle shape. Fastened down the front panel with hook and eyes and lined with beige cotton type fabric
Green jacket worn in 'Jardin Aux Lilas' by male dancer.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 2228 RDC/PD/05/01/0085/03
- Dates of Creation[1936-1968]
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical DescriptionGarment is delicate. Stains throughout the garment most prominent on the collar and on white areas. Signs of loose stitches and repair under the arms and loose stitching throughout. Signs of rust on the hook and eyes and wearing to fabric.
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright owned by creators including choreographer(s), designer(s) and composer(s). Performers rights apply. Can not be copied without rights owners' permission(s).
First performed 26th January 1936.