An A-line salmon dress made of satin silk featuring a vertical band of hand-stitched embroidery and beading at the centre; the hem of the dress is decorated with a horizontal band of similar embroidery and beading. The dress has a round neckline which is decorated with hand-stitched beads and shells which also runs on the armholes and at the back. Other details include: hook and an eye and press buttons fastening, and cotton twill inner lining.
An A-line salmon embroidered and beaded dress
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 2228 RDC/PD/05/01/X/039
- Dates of Creation20th Century
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical DescriptionGenerally sound. Missing beading around neckline, armholes and hemline. The dress is missing some press buttons. Presence of stains at the front and back of the dress, signs of tear and loose fabric at front of the garment and around the underarms. Discolouration on inner lining and some parts of the dress.
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright owned by creators including choreographer(s), designer(s) and composer(s). Performers rights apply. Can not be copied without rights owners' permission(s).