A sapphire blue halter-neck silk chiffon dress designed by Victor Edelstein for 'Rhapsody in Blue'. Bodice of the dress is boned and lined with blue silk satin. It is decorated from neck to arm, across the back, and front and back of the waistline with scallop-shape gold beading and rhinestones embellishments finished with gold braiding. Scallop-shape embellishments of the dress are lined with silk satin and hand-stitched. Bodice fastens with inner set of hooks and eyes. Other fastening detail includes a side zip on the outer layer of the dress and is completed with two press buttons that are hand-stitched to the gold embellishment. Also hand-stitched to the bodice are two supportive elastics and another one across the neck. The skirt consists of three single layers of silk chiffon: innermost layer is purple, whilst middle layer is pale blue and top layer is sapphire blue. The dress is of full-length.
A sapphire blue halter-neck silk chiffon beaded dress and designed by Victor Edelstein and worn by [Alexandra Dyer] in 'Rhapsody in Blue'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 2228 RDC/PD/05/01/0349/04
- Dates of Creation1988
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical DescriptionGenerally sound. Discolouration at front and back of the bodice and stains on various parts of the top layer of the dress. Missing beadings and loose fabric at the gold embellishments, particularly across the neckline and back of the dress. Fabric is fragile at front and back of the bodice. Signs of previous repair on top layer of the skirt. Fraying and torn fabric at the hem.
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright owned by creators including choreographer(s), designer(s) and composer(s). Performers rights apply. Can not be copied without rights owners' permission(s).
First performance on 3 March 1988