The collection comprises:
- Memorandum and articles of association, April 1917 (BWS 1).
- Correspondence on subjects including Alfred B. Wallis, Strodex Corset Company, Midland Machine Trust Ltd, and the bankruptcy of T.A. Curtis and Son, December 1921-January 1946 (BWS 2).
- Wage books, October 1946-February 1960 (BWS 3-4).
- Account books, ledgers and sales books, January 1912-March 1973 (BWS 5-7).
- Bank books, statements and cheque stubs, May 1953-January 1958 (BWS 8-10).
- Sheets of headed notepaper (BWS 11).
The collection provides a very incomplete record of the firm. Of significance to the firm'shistory are the weekly trading account books (BWS 5) and the correspondence files (BWS 2), some ofwhich contain personal correspondence between the Wallis brothers. Although modest in scope, thecollection would support research into Wallis Brothers Ltd or the lace industry in general.