- MS 1453/58;D Letter to Robert Falcon Scott, 15 July 1901 [Wishing British National Antarctic Expedition, 1901-1904 success] 1 leaf, holograph
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 15 Frank Bullen/Correspondence
- Dates of Creation15 July 1901
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical DescriptionLetter
- Direct Link
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The British National Antarctic Expedition, 1901-1904 (leader Robert Falcon Scott) undertook the first extensive exploration on land in Antarctica. Funding came from the Government, the Royal Society, the Royal Geographical Society and private donations. The expedition set up base at McMurdo Sound from where sledging parties carried out recognisance and scientific programmes.
Many people wrote to the expedition leader Robert Falcon Scott expressing their support for the expedition.