Various items regarding the Poll tax prior to the Act's passing in Parliament. Contains correspondence, leaflets and encouraging protest and multiple booklets, a guide by the Anarchist Communist federation as to how to avoid paying Poll Tax, and You and the Community Charge, a guide issued by the Department of the Environment for the general public regarding the Community Charge and how it will be implemented.
Poll Tax 1988 (post-passing)
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
Scope and Content
These records contain personal data relating to living individuals. The original may be made available for individual consultation if the following terms have been met:
- the Heritage Quay supervisor is satisfied that the researcher is consulting the records for historical research purposes only and will not cause substantial damage or distress to any subject of the records
- the researcher has been alerted to the Data Protection principles that they must follow
- the researcher has signed a Researcher Undertaking form
It may be possible to provide a redacted copy of a record if certain sections contain data that is not suitable for production.