Candidates' addresses, also pamphlets, leaflets and newspaper cuttingscollected by the Library.
GENERAL ELECTION 1955
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 97 COLL MISC 0321
- Dates of Creation1955
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical DescriptionTHREE BOXES
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
In the 1955 General Election the Conservative Party won with 13,310,891 votes(49.7 per cent). The Labour Party won 12,405,254 votes (46.4 per cent), the Liberal Party722,402 votes (2,7 per cent), Sinn Fein 152,310 votes (0.6 per cent) and the Communist Party33,144 votes (0.1 per cent).
Other Finding Aids
Listed in Election Ephemeradatabase.
Conditions Governing Use