Folklore notes by Crofton, consisting of copies of nursery rhymes, country songs, words used in children's games, proverbs, and the like, chiefly in verse, with notes.
Folklore Notes of Rev. Addison Crofton
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.eng.misc.e.39-42
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. misc. e. 39-42
- Dates of Creation1901
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description4 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Rev. Addison Crofton of Settle.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The collection was presented to the Library by Crofton in 1902.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. VI, nos. 33079-82.