Correspondence, and literary and antiquarian papers of Thomas Percy.
Papers of Thomas Percy
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Percy b. 1-3, c. 1-11, d. 1-11, e. 1-10
- Dates of Creation17th-19th century
- Language of MaterialEnglish, and Latin.
- Physical Description35 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Thomas Percy (1729-1811) was Bishop of Dromore and an antiquary. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The papers were given to the Library, with some of his printed books, by Percy's great grand-daughter in 1932.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. II, nos. 49781-815.