Correspondence, and literary and antiquarian papers of Thomas Percy.
Papers of Thomas Percy
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Percy b. 1-3, c. 1-11, d. 1-11, e. 1-10
- Dates of Creation17th-19th century
- Language of MaterialEnglish, and Latin.
- Physical Description35 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Thomas Percy (1729-1811) was Bishop of Dromore and an antiquary. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The papers were given to the Library, with some of his printed books, by Percy's great grand-daughter in 1932.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. II, nos. 49781-815.