This collection is a compendium of recipes, medicines and preparations, with a hand-made thumb index at the start of the volume. The recipes include a mixture for bookbinder's varnish and ingredients for constipation pills. The medical remedies are given dates in 1898. The notebook has not been completed.
The notebook has an index of 105 pages, then a further 575 pages. The recipes and remedies include these:
- - reviving leather - p.1 or p.107
- - bookbinder's varnish - p.3 or p.109
- - gold varnish - p.6 or p.112
- - brass, caring for - pp.12-16 or pp.118-122
- - constipation pills - p.52 or p.158
- - chilblains - p.55 or p.161