The collection comprises:
- Notes and copied extracts by George H. Hankinson on the history of Cheshire and Lancashire, with a special focus on monument and gravestone inscriptions (English MS 106);
- Copies of inscriptions found in Bowdon parish church and churchyard (English MS 107);
- The family records of the Hankinson family, based in Hale in Bowdon parish (English MS 510);
- Copies of inscriptions found in Barlaston churchyard with notes on the families found there (English MSS 511 and 512);
- A collection of notes and transcripts on the Hankinson family and Barlaston church inscriptions (English MS 513);
- Notes and additions to an article by J. Paul Rylands in The Genealogist that published extracts of the parish registers and inscriptions of the churches of Criccieth and Ynys-Cynhaiarn, both in Carnarvonshire (English MS 514).