Notes from the dictates of Mr Colin Vilant taken down by George Scott.
- pp.1-98 Tractatus metaphysicus [On Metaphysics], 8 November to 23 December 1708.
- pp.101-213 Tractatus pneumatalogicus [On pneumatology], 19 January to 8 February 1709.
- pp.214-217 Appendix: De naturali cognitione angelorum [On angelology].
- pp.218-237 Brevis ethicae epitome [On ethics], completed 9 February 1709.
- pp.238-245 Disputatio philosophica de natura et numero universalium habita [Disputation on universals] before Mr Thomas Taylor, regent of St Leonard's College, University of St Andrews, 16 July 1700, written 28 May 1709.
- p.246 Half a page of further notes in same hand.
Ruled left margin and headers. Line decoration of first title page. Repaginated in one sequence, each section originally paginated separately.Only the sections on metaphysics and ethics are explicitly ascribed in the manuscript to Vilant but it is very likely that the other sections are also taken down from his dictates.