2 sketch maps (nd); Photocopies of approximately one hundred pencil and watercolour sketches, 1917-1919 (nd); Typescript recollections relating to the sketches and maps (1962-1967); Letter from Mrs Helen S. Nicolson (donor) to Peter Liddle (27 September 1991).
W.R. Mathewson papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection MES 066
- Dates of Creation1962-1991
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 file; manuscript and typescript (partly photocopy). Includes many sketches and 2 sketch maps.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
William Richard Mathewson (1890-1976) was born at Dunfermline, Fife. As a Captain, RAMC (Royal Army Medical Corps), 1915-1919, he served as a doctor in Mesopotamia.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
The papers were placed in the Collection by Mrs Helen S. Nicolson (daughter). See Research Correspondence File.
Other Finding Aids
Mesopotamia catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available