The Oxford Regional Health Authority was in existence from 1st April 1974 - 31st March 1994.
The Oxford Regional Health Authority formally replaced the Oxford Regional Hospital Board on 1st April 1974. However, the new Authority did meet in shadow form from August 1973. The Counties of Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire and Northamptonshire were still to be included in the new Oxford Regional Health Authority, but some of the western-most areas were to be lost. Whilst the Region was to gain Maidenhead, Windsor and Slough, it was to lose the Swindon area and parts of Gloucestershire.
On 1st April 1994, the Oxford Regional Health Authority was replaced by Anglia and Oxford Regional Health Authority.
See catalogue H4 for records of the Oxford Regional Hospital Board, and catalogue H6 for records of Anglia and Oxford Regional Health Authority.
For further background information on the Oxford Regional Hospital Board and the Oxford Regional Health Authority, see 'The Diary of a Regional Health Authority, 1947-1994'. A copy of this printed book is available for consultation at Oxfordshire Record Office, in the Davenport Library.
Where a volume or bundle of documents contains records dated both before and after 1974, so relating to both the Oxford Regional Hospital Board and the Oxford Regional Health Authority, they have been put in this catalogue for the Oxford Regional Health Authority, H5.
This catalogue H5 is divided into 37 sections:
1. OXFORD REGIONAL HEALTH AUTHORITY (ORHA)
2. REGIONAL MEDICAL ADVISORY COUNCIL (RMAC)
3. EXECUTIVE DIRECTORS
4. CHIEF EXECUTIVE AND GENERAL MANAGERS
5. REGIONAL HEALTH AUTHORITY CHAIRMEN
6. REGIONAL GENERAL MANAGERS / GENERAL MANAGERS
7. MANAGEMENT EXECUTIVE / REGIONAL GENERAL MANAGERS
8. MANAGEMENT EXECUTIVE
9. ANAESTHETICS / INTENSIVE CARE
10. DENTAL SURGERY / ORAL SURGERY / ORTHODONTIC
12. DISEASES OF THE CHEST / MEDICINE / RHEUMATOLOGY / GERIATRICS
13. EAR, NOSE AND THROAT / OTOLARYNGOLOGY
14. GENERAL SURGERY / UROLOGY
15. GERIATRIC / MENTAL HEALTH FOR THE ELDERLY / MEDICINE FOR THE ELDERLY
16. LABORATORY / PATHOLOGY / BLOOD TRANSFUSION SERVICE / HAEMATOLOGY DEPARTMENTS / CLINICAL CHEMISTRY DEPARTMENTS
17. OBSTETRICS / GYNAECOLOGY
18. OPHTHALMOLOGY / OPHTHALMIC
19. PAEDIATRIC AND CHILD HEALTH
20. PSYCHOLOGICAL MEDICINE / PSYCHIATRIC
21. RADIOLOGY / X-RAY
22. RADIOTHERAPY / ONCOLOGY
23. TRAUMA AND ORTHOPAEDIC / ACCIDENT AND EMERGENCY / ACCIDENT AND TRAUMATIC / ACCIDENT AND ORTHOPAEDIC SURGERY
24. VENEREOLOGY / GENITAL MEDICINE / GENITO-URINARY MEDICINE
25. NURSING RECORDS
26. (REGIONAL) ADOLESCENT SERVICES STEERING GROUP
27. EDUCATION ADVISORY GROUP FOR THE OXFORD REGION
28. NHS EXECUTIVE BOARD
29. REGIONAL PHARMACEUTICAL COMITTEE
30. REGIONAL MEDICAL ADVISORY SUB COMMITTEE
31. REGIONAL PRIMARY CARE DEVELOPMENT GROUP
32. REGIONAL PRIMARY CARE FORUM
33. REGIONAL RENAL SERVICES ADVISORY GROUP
34. REGIONAL RESEARCH COMMITTEE
35. REGIONAL SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE
36. MISCELLANEOUS COMMITTEES AND GROUPS
37. OXFORD METHOD
The records in this catalogue, H5, were deposited as part of accessions 4032 and 4735. H5 was catalogued by Jenny Childs, April 2003