A play by Alexander Dalrymple, with books annotated by him.
Papers of Alexander Dalrymple
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.don.e.55-6,f.25
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Don. e. 55-6, f. 25
- Dates of Creation19th century
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description3 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Alexander Dalrymple (1737-1808) was hydrographer to the Navy. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The collection was bought from Arnold Muirhead and given to the Library by the Friends of the Bodleian in 1956.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 39102-3.
The collection was owned by Sophia Monckton (d 1824).