In memoriam booklet for George Rowland Holland (1917); Leeds Society of the New Church centenary souvenir booklet (1918); 2 diaries (1917-1918); Field service correspondence book (1918-1919); Five pence stamp (nd); 21 photographs (7 March 1917-30 June 1919); Passes, notes and tram tickets (7 March 1918); Field service postcards (nd); Table of weather averages (5 May 1917); Photocopied diary entry (nd); Christmas card, with photograph (1918); Photocopied postcard (March 1919); 2 Turkish shell nose cones picked up near Kut (nd).
A.E. Clay papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection MES 023
- Dates of Creation1917-1919
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 file; manuscript, photographs, postcards, and printed material (partly photocopy). Includes a stamp, passes, tram tickets, a Christmas card, and 2 shell nose cones.
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
A.E. Clay was a Corporal, RAMC (Royal Army Medical Corps), 28th Sanitary Section, serving in Mesopotamia and India.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted.
The papers were placed in the Collection by A.M. Clay (son).
Other Finding Aids
Mesopotamia catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available