- Material relating to the Final Year Dinner of 1952 including a photo and a list of members, c1952
- Material relating to 1973 Beta Club Reunion including correspondence and a programme of events, 1972-1973
- Material relating to 1982 Beta Club Reunion including programmes and acceptance forms,1982
- Material relating to 1992 Beta Club Reunion including a programme and correspondence, 1990-1993
- Material relating to 1997 Beta Club Reunion including correspondence and club newsletters, 1997
- Material relating to 2002 Beta Club Reunion, 2001-2003
- Programme for club reunions, 1982-1997
Records of Beta Club (1947-1952), Medical Year Club, University of Glasgow, Scotland.
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 248 ACCN 3395
- Dates of Creation1952-2003
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description0.46 linear metres
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
This collection contains the records of The Beta Club, 1947-1952. Each Medical year group at the University of Glasgow forms a club in their first year of study. The club is assigned the name of Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta or Epsilon, which is then followed by the year date, the final date being their graduating year. The clubs are formed to raise money over the five years of study for the Final Year Dinner. This collection contains material largely relating to the Beta Club 1947-1952's reunions over the subsequent years.
Listed by box. Items are generally listed in their original order.
Conditions Governing Access
Open, subject to the Data Protection Act 1998
Gift : Dr A M Orcharton : October 2009 : ACCN 3395
Other Finding Aids
File list available by request to the Duty Archivist
Collection box listed by Lucy Neville, Archive Assistant,1 Feb 2010. Collection level description created by Rachael Muir, 27 Jun 2012