Autograph book, with many entries relating to Landguard Fort, Felixstowe (18 Aug. 1917-24 Nov. 1919, 25 Feb. 1932-29 Dec. 1934, 12 Oct. 1954, 29 Dec. 1972); 5 photographs [3 Dec. 1918, n.d.]; Ration book and three ration cards (13 Feb. 1919-4 May 1920); WAAC (Women's Army Auxilliary Corps) discharge certificate (2 Dec. 1918); Typescript list of material with biographical information concerning R. A. Harrowell and Gordon John Hargrave High (1892-1961), whom she married on 3 Dec. 1918, and who had served in the Army during the First World War before becoming a policeman in 1920.
Rose Harrowell papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection DF 045
- Dates of Creation1917-1972
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 file; manuscript, typescript, photographs, and printed material Includes a ration book and 3 ration cards
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Rose Alice Harrowell (later High) (1895-1980), WAAC (Women's Army Auxilliary Corps), 12 Sep. 1917-2 Dec. 1918, served as a cook at Connaught House near Hyde Park, London, and Landguard Fort, Felixstowe.
Conditions Governing Access
Access is unrestricted
The papers were placed in the Collection by Mrs B. Cruse (daughter) via Heather Taylor in May 2000. See Research Correspondence File.
Other Finding Aids
Domestic Front catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm