- Notebook containing notes on the output and production of sugar, rum and bananas on the estates 1930-1931;
- Prospectus and related papers 1924;
- Financial papers, including the annual directors?? report and statement of accounts 1926-1967;
- Copy minutes of directors?? meetings, with related reports 1934-1967;
- Reports concerning J H Calder MacLeod's visits to Jamaica 1950-1963;
- General correspondence 1924-1968;
- Circulars from the Sugar Manufacturers Association of Jamaica 1959-1966;
- Memorandum and Articles of Association 1956.
Records of Jamaica Sugar Estate Ltd, c1920-c1967, sugar manufacturers, Jamaica
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Jamaica Sugar Estate Ltd had an office at West Nile Street, Glasgow, Scotland from c.1920-c.1967 .
The arrangement of this material reflects the original order in which it was received
Conditions Governing Access
Other Finding Aids
Digital file level list available in searchroom
Alternative Form Available
No known copies
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
None which affect the use of this material
Conditions Governing Use
Applications for permission to quote should be sent to the Archivist.
Reproduction subject to usual conditions: educational use and condition of documents.
This material has been appraised in line with standard GB 0248 procedures
Location of Originals
This material is original
No known publications using this material
Description compiled in line with the following international standards: International Council on Archives,ISAD(G) Second Edition, September 1999 and National Council on Archives,Rules for the construction of personal, place and corporate names
Fonds level description created by Andrew Thomson, Hub Project Archivist, 28 January 2005