Correspondence and papers mainly relating to his administration of the Cape of Good Hope colony (Cape Colony), with a summary of content. Comprises:
- Letters to Bourke, 1825-1829 (5 volumes)
- Drafts and copies of letters from Bourke, 1826-1845 (3 volumes)
- Indexes to despatches received, 1826-1828 (2 volumes)
- Instructions to Bourke, 1816-1827 (2 volumes)
- Instructions to civil commissioners, 1827-1828 (2 volumes)
- Correspondence and papers relating to frontier wars and relations with the Zulus, 1826 and some undated (3 volumes)
- Papers relating to finance, the judiciary, etc., 1821-1828 (14 volumes).