Volume containing two illuminated addresses presented to Joseph Higginson esq., from the congregation and children of St Joseph's Church, Reddish, Lancashire, to mark the completion of their new church and the opening of their new schools attached to the church; both were erected at his own sole expense.
Joseph Higginson: Illuminated Addresses
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 Eng MS 1136
- Dates of Creation1882
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description256 x 205 mm. 1 volume (ii + 5 + ii folios); Medium: vellum. Binding: full bound in brown morocco, silk doublures.
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Access
The manuscript is available for consultation by any accredited reader.
Presented to the John Rylands Library by Francis Buckley esq., MA, BCL, JP, in March 1949.
Description compiled by Jo Humpleby, project archivist.
Other Finding Aids
Catalogued in the Hand-List of the Collection of English Manuscripts in the John Rylands Library, 1937-1951 (English MS 1136).