Diary, up to 10 Jul 1959. Lists at back of 'Presents sent and received Christmas 1958', and 'Cards or Calendars sent 1958'.
With the following inserts:
* manuscript notes (2 sheets) planning a round trip from Balquidda via a series of friends in England from Jul to Sep
* postcard dated 20 May from Betty, apologising because she is still not sure whether she can have Holme to stay on that trip
* letter to Jack from Vi, dated 23 Dec, wishing her happy Christmas
* business card of CP Harkins, ophthalmic optician
* press cutting advertisement for men's pure Irish linen jackets and Royal Navy officers' pure wool white sweaters
* notes by Holme of things to do and expenses
* postcard with 'Have left my umbrella please keep it for me - Jacko' written on one side, and notes on the other including 'In the event of my death John Stewart of Ardvorlich is to have all my books by or about Winston Churchill (in book case in Work Room at Allt Grianach) and Violet Stewart his wife all my books by Charles Morgan (?) in small bookcase in my bedroom. Vera L Home (known as Jack). Sep 1955'.