Papers relating to the purchase by Rylands and Sons Ltd (under the aegis of Great Universal Stores Ltd) of half the share capital of Brown Brothers & Taylor Ltd, Brown Brothers & Taylor (Proprietary) Ltd and Dale Forty & Co. Ltd, including:
- /1: Copies of Shareholders' Resolutions made at an Extraordinary General Meeting of Brown Bros. & Taylor (Pty) Ltd, 14 Jul 1954.
- /2: Copy of Shareholders' Resolution made at an Extraordinary General Meeting of Dale Forty & Co. Ltd, 21 Jul 1954.
- /3: Copies of Shareholders' Resolutions made at an Extraordinary General Meeting of Brown Bros & Taylor Ltd, 21 Jul 1954.
- /4: Confidential letter from Beddington Behrens to Isaac Wolfson, concerning the sale of notes, 27 Jul 1954.
- /5: Letter from Brown Bros & Taylor Ltd to Rylands and Sons Ltd, undertaking to order carpets for 5 years, 4 Aug 1954.
- /6: Brown Bros & Taylor Ltd particulars of £400,000 of 6% Guaranteed Notes 1964/74, dated 4 Aug 1954.
- /7: Agreement between Nathaniel Levitt and Rylands and Sons Ltd, concerning the purchase of shares, 4 Aug 1954. 3 copies.
- /8: Report on the Net Assets of Rylands and Sons Ltd and its subsidiaries at 19 Jan 1954 and on their profits for the ten years ended 19 Jan 1954.
- /9: Letters dated 27 Mar 1961, concerning the purchase by Rylands and Sons Ltd of the remaining share capital in the Levitt Companies, and the purchase of same by Pennant Finance Company Ltd, London.