A fair copy, compiled in the mid 19th century, of the accounts and journal of George Heywood of Manchester. The contents of the volume comprise:
- folio 1: personal ledger of George Heywood, containing debit and credit accounts with several individuals and companies, 1806-1816;
- folio 6v: journal or narrative of the life of George Heywood; the bulk of the journal was written in 1815, and recounts his life from 1788 onwards; it continues until 1840, but after 1816 (ending folio 105r) entries are irregular, recording only the major events in Heywood's life such as the births of children;
- folio 109r: notes on the births of Heywood's children;
- folio 110r: memoranda on births, marriages and deaths in the family;
- folio 111v: pedigree of the Heywood family of Huddersfield and Manchester.