- MS 1529/3/1-7;BJ Under Sail in the Frozen North, 1927 [Synopsis, hydrographic work, corrected proofs]
- MS 1529/4/1-6;BJ Shackleton's Boat Journey, 1927 [Corrected typescript, photograph from 1974 edition]
- MS 1529/5/1-8;BJ Endurance [Diary, photographs, film script]
- MS 1529/6/1;BJ Treasure Island, 19 January 1935 [Including maps]
- MS 1529/7/1-10;BJ First Voyage, undated [Note book, various chapters]
- MS 1529/8/1-6;BJ Magazine articles [Scott's floating grave, A million ton iceberg, The last Pipe]
- MS 1529/9/1-12;BJ Miscellaneous articles
Worsley, published work
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 15 Frank Worsley/Published work
- Dates of Creation[1927-1935]
- Name of Creator
- Physical Description7 Archival boxes
- Direct Link
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The collection comprises of drafts for Worsley's various publications. Under Sail in the Frozen North was first published in 1927. It recounts the voyage of the Island around Svalbard and Franz Joseph Land during the British Arctic Expedition, 1925. Shackleton's boat journey, first published in 1940 recounts the epic journey from Elephant Island to South Georgia undertaken by Shackleton, Worsley, Tom Crean, Tim Macartney, Harry McNish and John Vincent in the James Caird during the Imperial Trans-Antarctic Expedition, [Weddell Sea Party] 1914-1916. Endurance, first published in 1931 also recounts the Imperial Trans-Antarctic Expedition, 1914-1916 [Weddell Sea Party] Treasure Island was a lecture given by Worsley regarding his time hunting for treasure on the Costa Rican island of Cocos in 1934. First Voyage in a square rigged ship was first published in 1938 is Worsley's autobiography recounting his childhood in New Zealand and his first voyage to England.
Other material consists of magazine articles.
The collection is arranged as deposited at the Institute.
Other Finding Aids
A more detailed catalogue is available for consultation at the Institute.