14th- and 15th-century documents, including an inventory of Richard II, 1378, and Royal Household and Wardrobe receipts, 1431-61, collected by the Thomas Martin, originally guarded into a folio volume, with later transcripts.
Thomas Martin Collection
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.eng.hist.b.229,c.774-5;ch.suffolk1579,ch.england19-53
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. hist. b. 229, c. 774-5; Ch. Suffolk 1579, Ch. England 19-53
- Dates of Creation14th, 15th and 19th century
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description39 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Thomas Martin (1697-1771) was a Suffolk antiquary.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The collection was bought from Sotheby's in 1975.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.
The collection, owned by Craven Ord, was lot 1014 in the sale of his MSS., R.H. Evans, 25 Jan. 1830.