Eight volumes of notes and transcripts, many in shorthand, by T.D. Fosbroke, with one similar volume not in Fosbroke's hand.
Papers by T.D. Fosbroke
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. misc. e. 712-18, f. 419; Top. gen. d. 61
- Dates of Creation18th-19th century
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description9 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Thomas Dudley Fosbroke (1770-1842) was an antiquary. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The papers were bought at Sotheby's in 1974.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 45919-27.