The collection comprises papers concerning the archaeological excavations at Kom-Ed-Dik, Alexandria, Egypt. Includes correspondence, notes, photographs and reports.
Kom-Ed-Dik Excavations Papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb102-ms380428
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 102 MS 380428
- Dates of Creation1947 - 1953
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 box
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The excavation of Kom-Ed-Dik, (also known as Kom-El-Dikka), Alexandria, Egypt, began in 1947. It was conducted by the Farouk 1st University, Alexandria, under the direction of Alan John Bayard Wace. Arthur Lane of the Department of Ceramics at the Victoria and Albert Museum joined the team in 1949 to study the pottery found.
The material has been arranged chronologically.
Conditions Governing Access
Donated in 1985
Other Finding Aids
Conditions Governing Use
For permission to publish, please contact Archives & Special Collections, SOAS Library in the first instance