18 copied photographs of Salonika and three of Corfu (1916-1918); 11 copied photographs (ca. 1914-1921); Photocopied press cutting (nd); Photocopied autographed dinner menu (1 January 1918); Letter from donor with biographical information about W. Cross (nd).
Wilfred Cross papers
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 206 Liddle Collection SAL 016
- Dates of Creationca. 1914-1921
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 file; manuscript, photographs (copied), a press cutting, and printed material (photocopy)
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Wilfred Cross was a Sapper, Royal Engineers Signals, serving on the Western Front from October 1915 and in Salonika and Itea from 1916. He caught malaria and was hospitalised in Corfu in 1918 before being discharged.
Access is unrestricted.
The papers were placed in the Collection by E.J. Cross (daughter). See Research Correspondence File.
Other Finding Aids
Salonika catalogue (hard copy) http://www.leeds.ac.uk/library/spcoll/liddle/index.htm
Alternative Form Available