Private photographs by Salter, of charters (often with seals) and other old documents.
Photographs of Rev. H.E. Salter
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.top.hants.d.3,top.kentd.1,top.linc.d.2,top.oxon.d.80,top.westminsterd.1,top.wilts.d.2
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Top. Hants. d. 3, Top. Kent d. 1, Top. Linc. d. 2, Top. Oxon. d. 80, Top. Westminster d. 1, Top. Wilts. d. 2
- Dates of Creation1907-8
- Language of MaterialLatin.
- Physical Description6 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Herbert Edward Salter (1863-1951) was a historian. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The photographs were presented to the Library by Salter at various dates in 1907 and 1908.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
Falconer Madan, et al., A summary catalogue of western manuscripts in the Bodleian Library at Oxford which have not hitherto been catalogued in the Quarto series (7 vols. in 8 [vol. II in 2 parts], Oxford, 1895-1953; reprinted, with corrections in vols. I and VII, Munich, 1980), vol. VI, nos. 34109-114.