Press releases, copy drawings, and an invitation for Matisse/Picasso et Le Danse.
Le Chant du Rossignol by George Balanchine
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 71 THM/412/1/3
- Dates of Creation1925-2004
- Physical Description1 folder
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Le Chant de Rossignol was originally choreographed by George Balanchine in 1925 for Diaghilev's Ballets Russes with music by Stravinsky and sets by Matisse. First reconstructed and filmed in 1995 for the Balanchine Archive. It was also performed by Les Ballets de Monte Carlo at the Holland Festival, Den Haag 1999. On 14 May 2004 the Linbury Theatre at Covent Garden presented a programme on the reconstruction.