Transcripts of the papers, 1704-25, of John Scattergood, from Public Record Office, Masters' Exhibits in Chancery, Scattergood v. Raworth, Bundles 134/1-2, made for B.P. Scattergood, 1916-17.
Transcripts of the Papers of John Scattergood
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.eng.hist.d.156-63
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. hist. d. 156-63
- Dates of Creation1916-17 (transcripts of 18th century originals)
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description8 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
John Scattergood (1681-1723) was an East India merchant.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The transcripts were given to the Library in 1937.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 40113-20.
A number of the documents are printed in The Scattergoods and the East India Company, ed. Sir R.C. Temple, Lavinia M. Anstey, and B.P. Scattergood (Bombay and Harpenden, 1935).
The originals are held by the Public Record Office, see Scope and Content.