Letter to Fancourt Barnes from the French scientist, Etienne-Jules Marey discussing the recent successful crossing of the Channel by the swimmer Captain Matthew Webb.
Fancourt Barnes: Professor Etienne-Jules Marey, 1875
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1538 S69/2
- Dates of Creation26 November 1875
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialFrench
- Physical Description1item
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Professor Etienne-Jules Marey of Paris was a scientist, physiologist and chronophotographer and developed the Sphygmograph to measure the pulse.
Unrestricted; out of copyright