Pedigrees printed for Sir Thomas Phillipps, including many annotated proofs, some showing the name of the printer, and the number of copies printed, with proofs of other Middle Hill Press items. The loose boards in which these proofs were kept are from a Phillipps MS., lettered 'Fatti Curiosi MS', with the remains of a Phillipps label '7...' on the spine - MS. Top. gen. c. 106*.
Pedigrees Printed for Sir Thomas Phillipps
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.top.gen.a.20,c.105-6,c.106
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Top. gen. a. 20, c. 105-6, c. 106
- Dates of Creation[19th century?]
- Language of MaterialEnglish, and Latin.
- Physical Description4 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Sir Thomas Phillipps (1792-1872) was a collector of manuscripts and printed books. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The collections was bought from Francis Edwards in 1977.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.