Papers concerning Thomson's career in various capacities including nursery nurse, midwife, nurse and health visitor. On certificates Rita's full name is given as Margaret Ann Thomson.
- Correspondence, including references from Dingwall family doctor 1961, Brompton Hospital 1961, St Vincent's Hospital Sydney 1962, and National Heart Hospital written by Donald Ross Mar 1974.
- Thomson's Schedule of practical instruction from Brompton Hospital in the Nursing of pulmonary tuberculosis; booklet issued by The British Tuberculosis Association, 1959-1960.
- Certificate of registration as a general nurse, General Nursing Council for Scotland, 1956
- Health Visitors certificate, 1978
- Certificates for Thomson's training and qualifications including from Edinburgh School of Mothercraft 1953, Nursery Nurses 1953, School of Nursing 1953, School of Midwifery 1957, Central Midwives Board for Scotland 1957, and Brompton Hospital 1960.
- 2 leaving cards signed by colleagues