- MS 101/43;D Letter to William Speirs Bruce, 21 March 1910 [Testimony to Bruce's success in promoting Antarctic exploration] 1 leaf, holograph
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 15 Patrick Geddes/Correspondence
- Dates of Creation21 March 1910
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical DescriptionLetter
- Direct Link
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The correspondence relates to Bruce's work in the Antarctic. (Bruce led the Scottish National Antarctic Expedition, 1902-1904, which carried out an extensive scientific programme and founded an observatory on Laurie Island, prior to that Bruce had sailed with the Dundee whaling fleet during the 1892-19893 season again caring out scientific work).